Followers

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Fashion Forward?

Last night I was enjoying my hunny time on the couch and we were watching the SAG awards. Whenever I watch all these award shows I cant help but get rather upset at what the world digs as 'important'. I dont agree with how materialistic people in this world have become and I feel that its events and situations such as these that make everyone else feel that it IS important too. For example, why is it that almost every time they are being interviewed the first question is: WHO are you wearing?? Then the following day a group of people all sit around each other and judge them like a bunch of bullies!

Why does everyone care about having 'Brand Name' anything? Does it really make you feel better about yourself? Is it that much of an achievement? Maybe because I am a mom now and my priorities are a little different, specially when it comes to how I spend my money and energy. 

On the flip-side, Yeah, it DOES feel good to be able to buy that Coach bag, or the "Little Black Gucci Dress". But what I fail to understand is WHY? What is it about these names that makes them different than the not so known names? Aside from the sale(or lack of sale) tag? I used to buy into it a little more when I was younger and I would feel good about being able to provide myself with that hundred dollar purse, but that good feeling never really lasted long, at least for me. So that brings me to my next thought; How long does the 'Good Feeling' last for you?? Does it wear off like the shiny new toy syndrome or does it stay? If it doesn't stay, does that explain why we are so obsessed with all these Names? The average American cant afford to continue to make the escalated purchases of these Names like these celebrities can, so what do we do instead? Stare with envy? Bust our ass trying to make that extra buck to that next purchase? Or just go completely crack addict crazy to get the money for the purchase no matter what is the cost. 

I know the whole fashion industry is worth billions and billions and I envy all who work in it, because I NEVER could. And to be honest the things that they come up with most of the time are absolutely gorgeous. However I couldn't handle the personalities of the stereotype fashionista, or the model, or the designer, or the anything for that matter(Probably why I don't have many girlfriends), not to mention the stress. But for what?? Maybe that's why I don't get this whole fashion world either. Maybe I'm just not good at being a GIRL. Always having to worry about my appearance and my hair and my makeup and my outfit or my jewelry. It's exhausting just thinking about it!! I even felt this way before entering motherhood. My mother and I would go round and round about getting up early in the morning to put that hair together or that makeup on. But I have always been a roll out of bed and walk out the door kind of gal.

So I'm not sure if I will ever understand why there is such importance put on this whole thing. Maybe its not for me to understand. I think I would be OK not understanding though. I am perfectly content with my $5.00 T-Shirt and my off brand jeans.

*** I don't mean to offend anyone in the fashion industry, or anyone else for that matter!! These are just my thoughts and vents***

No comments:

Post a Comment